Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's Been Awhile, I Know

No, I have not fallen off of the face of the earth, though I have been very lax about posting. Since the original purpose of my blog was to share my experiences in Europe, it's been a little difficult finding things to write about, as I am no longer in France. That means that I will just have to reconfigure my blog if I want to continue it.

The last two months has been a whirlwind. I've been working for the Recreation center, basically as a glorified babysitter. But the most exciting thing that has happened this summer is that my new niece was born just last week! My entire family was there for the birth of Lillian Michael, and we were all able to hold her when she was only a few hours old. Avery is absolutely thrilled to have a little sister--she's such a little mother.

At the end of the summer both Jessica and I will be moving into Michele and Chris's house. I'm excited, since that will give us plenty of time to spend with our nieces; it'll be great to see them growing up right before our eyes. I hope that I will be able to help with watching the kids at least a little bit.

One thing that Michele and Chris are planning on doing differently this time around is the diapers that they use. Rather than using disposable diapers, they are going to use cloth diapers from Gro Baby. This will be less expensive, and will also be safer for the environment. Of course, it will make changing Lillian's diaper a little less clean, but I think that the pros outweigh the cons in this situation!

Who knows? Maybe when I get old enough and have kids, I will try Gro Baby too. If you want to join the following :), try going to http://www.thenaturalbabyco.com/grobaby%E2%84%A2-ic-11_16.html. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment