Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Once a Dork, Always a Dork

Through today's experiences I am now able to offer valid proof that I am a dork. That's right, I don't deny it; in fact, I am rather proud to be one.

Anyway, the day did not really start off that well for me. First of all, Wednesdays are early days for me: I have an 8:00 class, which means that I have to wake up at 6:00 in order to walk to class and get there in time. On top of that, I had a really good dream last night. Now, I mentioned before that I never remember my dreams. And this day was not an exception: I merely woke up knowing that I had had a good dream, without being able to remember it.

It is a curse.

This might not seem like a very bad day to some, but for me it was enough. And I have now reached the part of my tale where I offer proof as to why I am a dork. Therefore:

Reason #1: To cheer myself up, I went to a bookstore during lunch.

Reason #2: I spent nearly an hour looking at the books in said bookstore, ensuring that I did not actually eat a lunch.

Reason #3: I spent another half hour reading my favorite parts of select books that I found in French.

Reason #4: I bought three books (for less than 20 euros!), even though I knew that I would have to lug them home later.

Reason #5: These books--in addition to a few others that I am planning on picking up--will be my souvenirs of France.

Reason #6: The books that I bought are the French translations of the Lord of the Rings series.

And the final piece of evidence I offer to validate my dorkiness:

Reason #7: Visiting said bookstore and buying said books did not just cheer me up, but absolutely made my day. I am now in a state of euphoria, despite the mountain of homework that I have.

There. Concrete proof. You're welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Jenn! As a fellow dork, I totally understand every single point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa...I knew you were a dork, but I didn't know it was that bad. Although, I have to say...if Chris could speak/read French, he might have done the same thing. I, on the other hand, would have bought a French version of Cosmo.
    I love you and all your dorkiness.

    ReplyDelete