Friday, February 13, 2009

My Schedule Makes Me Sick

Okay, so maybe that's an exaggeration. But the fact still remains that I'm not really happy with my class schedule. The classes themselves are okay; in fact, they're really rather interesting, with the possible exception of my grammar class. After all, how can you go wrong with French classes taught in French?...Don't answer that.

The part of my schedule that rubs me the wrong way is the actual timing of the classes that I am taking. I have several early eight o'clock classes, which means that I need to wake up over an hour earlier in order to get ready and then make the twenty-minute trek. On those same days, I then have big gaps in between classes, so that I need to wait roughly five or six hours before my next class. This also means that I have the choice of either walking home in between classes, or hanging around campus. I'm sure that you can imagine the pros and cons of both options.

My schedule also includes several days in which I have late-night classes. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but I have to admit that walking home in the dark makes me rather nervous. I blame my brother, who often tells me about Dateline episodes to "keep me on my guard". These have had the inevitable result of making me paranoid--which can be either a good thing or a bad thing.

The other part of my schedule that honestly almost made me scream are my Fridays; not only do I have classes, but they extend until five o'clock. So much for the relaxing Friday that I was hoping for!

1 comment: