Monday, January 12, 2009

Boredom. Complete and Utter Boredom.

I have always realized that I am someone who prefers to have a rather full schedule in lieu of a lot of free time. Why? Because boredom never fails to drive me bonkers. I have been sitting in the house with practically nothing to do for several weeks now, and I still have a few weeks to go. I have resorted to doing chores around the house to keep me occupied. Example: today was declared a laundry day, and my sister and I cleaned out the fridge. We also made homemade salsa and tortilla chips, which we then promptly devoured. So you see, boredom also leads to overeating--at least in my case.

Another even worse symptom of my boredom is the amount of time that I have spent watching TV. Normally, I only watch for a few hours a week at most--to catch my favorite shows (Heroes, Supernatural, Top Chef). When I'm bored, however, I randomly turn on the TV for background noise while I read. As a result, I have probably watched more TV in the last few weeks than in the last half a year combined.

I have also been able to watch quite a few movies. I am a big fan of movies, so this is not really a big sacrifice. Saturday was a Lord of the Rings marathon, where Jess and I watched all three movies with no interruptions. Sunday was a Chronicles of Narnia marathon, and I am currently watching Scooby Doo on Zombie Island (which I must admit is one of my favorites).

At the rate this is going, January 31 can't come fast enough for me. Anything to save me from this endless monotony!

1 comment:

  1. I with you, sista! Seriously, I'm sitting not three feet away, just as bored...

    ReplyDelete