Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Three to Get Ready

I think that this post will probably be my shortest thus far, simply because practically nothing remotely exciting happened today. I woke up to a regular Michigan winter: snow, and I simply sat in the living room and read for nearly the entire day. I didn't even have the TV on for background noise.

Around two I got to talk to Jess via Skype--it was about 7 her time in England. As she had just left yesterday, there wasn't a whole lot of information to trade. Even so, she told us about her plane trip and her first day in Kingston. I must admit that we both got a little bit teary-eyed, her because of exhaustion and homesickness and me because...well, because she was crying first, and I am always more prone to be emotional when I see someone whom I love with tears in their eyes. And of course, I missed her.

I honestly think that my parents are working hard to distract me for the next few days. Mom suggested that we rent out a few movies to watch, so we went to Blockbuster this afternoon and got three movies that neither of us have seen: Ice Age: the Meltdown, Hancock, and Get Smart. Of the three, I am most looking forward to seeing the latter, as I have heard that it is incredibly funny. Dad in his turn keeps on suggesting TV shows--mainly Jeopardy. He also has the tendency to follow me around the house and strike up conversation, but that's Dad!

And so this post turned out to be longer than I expected. I'm not really sure whether this will be considered a good thing or a bad thing, but oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment