Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Close A Door, Open A Window

Hallelujah and praise the Lord! I have finally received a response from France...though not in the way that I expected. Apparently, a girl is staying with my host family, a study abraod student from Belgium. Said girl saw my letter on the kitchen table and took it upon herself to reply and answer some of my questions herself. YES!!!

So I received her email yesterday morning and was on a personal high all day. Of course, not all of my questions were answered. I still don't exactly know whether someone will be able to pick me up at the train station or whether I will be able to pay all my rent upfront. Still, getting a response at all has taken an entire load off of my shoulders. At the very least, I know that they know when I will be arriving, so when I show up on their doorstep on February 1st, at least they won't be completely surprised!

Getting a response from France--even if it was from a completely unexpected source--has brought such relief. I immediatly sent a reply stating how much I appreciated her thoughtfulness...including about a million thank-yous and several more questions. This whole response has been an answer to prayer. I had just about given up hope of getting a response at all. I guess this just goes to show that even when God closes a door, He opens a window!

No comments:

Post a Comment