Monday, January 19, 2009

My Own Roaming Gnome

For this weekend, my sister and I visited Grand Valley for the last time before going abroad. We went up Friday and came home earlier today. Our original plan was to come home Sunday, but the weather was against us and that plan was scrapped.

My first impression in visiting GVSU was how weird it felt to go on campus without actually living there. Since school started several weeks ago, the semester is well underway--without me. I hadn't realized how odd it would be to be a guest in my own school.

So anyway, this weekend was a lot of fun, though not as relaxing as I'd hoped it would be. Friday was my friend Ryan's birthday party, which was a themed party. The theme? Crossdressing opposites--mixing up both gender and social groups. I went as a dumb jock, and Jess was a partying frat boy. Also at the party we had a country hick, a game-addict, and a hippie. The costumes themselves were quite interesting to say the least. I'll try to upload some onto the blog if possible.

Saturday was actually supposed to be the relaxing day, but that was another plan that didn't follow through. We ended up having a game night with some girls from last semester's Bible study. It was fun, but Apples to Apples can sometimes get rather intense at times. This game in particular ended with an upset victory--mine!

Sunday we got together with several of Jess's friends from her American Lit class last semester. Among other things, we discussed the upcoming trips. someone--I can't quite remember who--suggested that along with our blogs, we should have our own 'roaming gnome'. That is, we should find something, like a stuffed animal, and take pictures of it visiting famous landmarks while in Europe. Crazy as this seems, it is right up my alley. I love the idea and as soon as I find a little buddy that I like, I will let you know! If pictures are not found here, then they will definitely be posted on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment