Friday, January 30, 2009

The Final Stretch

Well, tomorrow is the beginning of the biggest adventure of my life thus far. To prepare for it, I finished packing today and spent the rest of the day spending time with loved ones. I finished the book I was reading, made some cornbread from scratch and packed some more.

Tonight, my church family held a bowling party at Super Bowl Lanes. As it was my last night in this country, I found that hanging out with the church family was a good way to say goodbye to a lot of people at once. Now, I am a horrible bowler, probably the worst in my family. I'm not called the "Gutter Queen" for nothing. To make matters worse, pretty much all of my family members are bowling champions. It was rather embarrassing the last time we went bowling all together. But with the group that I was with tonight, skill certainly didn't matter. In fact, I won two out of the three games that we played, and even broke 100 on the second game (which is amazing for me).

The most exciting part of bowling is not really my story, but I'm gonna tell it anyway. A girl at church, Bethany, ended up bowling five strikes in a row and getting a total score of 202! As someone for whom this feat would be practically impossible, I was literally in awe.

After leaving the bowling alley, we all went to the Svacha's house for food and fellowship. I hyperventilated several times, which I tend to do when I laugh. When I got home, my older sister and Avery had arrived; they came in solely for the purpose of seeing me off at the airport tomorrow. We are currently watching the third and final movie from Blockbuster, Hancock. All in all, I think that today has been practically ideal.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lot of fun, Jenn! I give you a round of applause for actually doing well in bowling. Was it the practice you had in archery bowling that helped?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. The nly time I'll ever even get close to bowling a turkey is when I'm using a bow and arrow. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete