Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Flying Companion

I have found my 'roaming gnome', or rather, my roaming bat. It is a bat stuffed animal that I found my senior year of high school in a dress shop--of all places. It was probably left behind by some little kid tagging along with his older sister or something. Anyway, I figured that with a history like this, it was only natural that this stuffed animal shall be my roaming gnome.

I have named her Echo and so far she already has a big fan in my niece, Avery. I accidentally left Echo on the side table and before I knew it, Avery had her in her hands and was playing with her. It was pretty comical seeing her flying Echo around, having her kiss Nikki, the dog. The kid takes after me--rather than being scared of bats like so many people, she seems to like them.

Needless to say, I am rather relieved to have found my little flying buddy, especially since I'm due to leave Saturday at 4. Now I don't have to worry about being lonely on the flight! :) At any rate, remembering to take pictures to keep everyone updated might be easier if I actually have something solid to remind me. Echo will be my reminder--the string on my finger, if you will.

Speaking of Saturday, I have decided that I will make it my goal to try to update every day this week, kind of like a countdown to the Big Day. I'm posting my intentions as an attempt to keep myself accountable. Most likely, my daily posts will be rather short and boring. Even so, this will give me something to do amidst my boredom. After all, my sister is leaving, which means that my movie-watching partner is gone. Most likely, I will end up killing a lot of time on the computer this week, so I might as well be doing something somewhat productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment